Explosives Expert Witness Testimony
Recent Explosives Expert Witness Testimony
Provided explosives expert witness testimony in US and foreign court in civil and criminal cases.
Ability to Simplify Complex Technical Matters Litigated by Attorney's and Understandable by Jury's
Explosives Expert Support
ExploConsult provides Explosive Testifying Expert support to attorneys and judges with insight on legal case involving incidents or accidents related to explosives, propellants, and pyrotechnics material. With most of my cases, this involves the process of reconstructing a single, unique past event that is no longer observable, and performing a deep-dive analysis to derive the facts.
Attorneys are extremely busy, often managing many cases simultaneously and require reliable insight into legal strategies and causation. Bob Morhard communicates clearly and quickly with attorneys to define Duty of Care and Standard of Care in cases involving explosives materials, and to evaluate circumstances and the law.
Bob Morhard uses forensic tools and procedures and clearly communicates with attorneys on incidents or accidents related to energetic materials such as explosive, propellant, pyrotechnic materials, devices, fireworks, ammunition, or ordnance. Bob Morhard provides reliable, cogent, and concise information that is understandable by the Courts. Bob Morhard has testified before the US Congress, in US Court, many US State Courts, and many foreign countries.
Explosives Materials - Duty of Care and Standard of Care
Defining the Duty of Care and Standard of Care elements for explosives, propellants, and pyrotechnics material, fireworks, ordnance, and devices requires subject matter expertise. Duty of Care and Standard of Care requirements for any explosive’s material vary, as what a reasonably careful, prudent person or organization would do in the same or similar circumstances with any explosives, propellants, and pyrotechnics materials. Bob Morhard performs an in-depth examination of the facts, to provide a But-For assessment and an opinion on Predictability and Foreseeability and Causation described in objective, understandable, cogent and quantitively empirical terms.
The initial assessment in any case involving explosives, propellants, and pyrotechnics material is to define Duty of Care and Standard of Care, and to evaluate the circumstances presented and the law. Duty of Care and Standard of Care are the requirements of what a reasonably careful, prudent person or organization would do in the same or similar circumstances with explosives, propellants, and pyrotechnics materials.
Incidents, accidents, or criminal actions related to explosives, propellants, and pyrotechnics material have subtle but crucial clues that must be identified. This involves the process of reconstructing a single, unique past event that is no longer observable and examining all the facts that led to a But-For assessment and formulate an explosive’s expert opinion on Predictability and Foreseeability and Causation.
Forensic Tools and Procedures
ExploConsult explosives expert professional services include these forensic tools to assess and opine on incidents or accidents related to energetic materials such as explosive, propellant, pyrotechnic materials, devices, fireworks, ammunition, or ordnance:
- Analyzing the evidence and the scene
- Accident reconstruction
- Hazardous materials constituents in the substance or article
- Laws, statues, regulations, permits, guidance assessment
- Design, ignition, initiation, and related technology assessment
- Explosive’s materials physical and chemical analysis
- Hazardous materials audit UN Manual of Tests and Criteria
- Logistics audit US DOT and foreign codes, truck, rail, and ship
- Explosive’s article and inert exemplar testing
- Compliance audit and compendium US, State, and municipal law
- Compliance audit and compendium NATO, and foreign government law
- Compliance audit and compendium for US Department of Defense regulations
- Process safety management, quantitative risk assessment
- Hazardous material constituent factors, design factors, formulation assessment
- Blood spatter assessment
- Injury pathology assessment
- Structural and materials assessment
- Scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction and X ray photoelectron spectroscopy
- Infrared spectroscopy and mass spectroscopy
- Assessing the explosives materials involved and the donor/receptor relationships
- Deflagration to detonation transition assessment
- Fragmentation zone and crater analysis
- Fragmentation signature analysis
- Fiber signature analysis
- Defining the chemical interactions of the explosive’s materials
- Defining the physical chemistry handling of the explosive’s materials
- Preparing maps and diagrams
- Detailing the process or handling procedures on balance with the actual events.
- Assessing the environmental conditions
- Assessing the human factors of all persons involved
ExploConsult is results-driven, and we will work hard for you. With the help of Bob Morhard’s experience and expertise, ExploConsult has been sought after by many large law firms throughout the world. Bob Morhard has also provided explosives expert witness testimony in state, U.S., and foreign courts and is experienced testifying for both criminal and civil cases.
Bob Morhard has had nearly 50 years of explosives subject matter experience. His range of expertise and areas of legal support cover the following areas:
- Military Ordnance
- Automotive Airbags
- Explosives Articles and Explosives Substances
- Improvised Explosives Devices
Bob Morhard’s investigation will explore every possible avenue to get to the bottom of what occurred. He will delve into the following areas to get the material he needs to be your expert witness:
- Research and Development
- Raw Materials
- UN and US DOT Hazardous Materials Approvals
- Packaging Design and Approvals
- Facility Design and Approvals
- Regulatory Compliance
- Processing and Production Equipment
- Operator Safety Protection
- Production Quality and Shelf-Life Management
- Production Procedures and Manufacturing Instructions
- Risk Management, Quantitative Risk Assessment and HAZOP
- Internal and External Emergency Action Plans
- Handling, Storage and Logistics
- Use and Application
- Life-Cycle Management Recycling and Disposal
- Forensic and Active Accident Investigation
- Insurance Underwriting and Claims Management
ExploConsult will provide your firm with a comprehensive explosives expert opinion report with forensic and court case materials including innovative documents and solutions.
If you’re looking for an explosives expert witness who will provide your firm with a clear, comprehensive, and concise solution to your complex explosives case, get in contact with Bob Morhard from ExploConsult. He’ll sort through your case and help you understand the logistics and evidence in your case.
To get in touch, simply fill out the contact form, and ExploConsult will get back to you.